Mr. Flagler, visiting St. Augustine for the first time in 1881, fell in love with the city. He built two hotels there and bought a third and following the purchased of the J. St. A. & H. R. Railway on December 31, 1885, he established his office in "the ancient city." The company's general offices were, until 1924, in this building on Malaga Street, just north of where the three unit general office building was erected.
St. Augustine Headquarters