Our Network
Services
History
Our Team
St. John's Railway

The St. Johns Railway, which operated from Tocoi, on the St. Johns River, almost due west of St. Augustine, was, unbeknown to most people, the first-built (although not the first purchased) of the FEC's predecessors. Originally constructed in 1858 as an animal powered tram line, it would be purchased by Mr. Flagler in 1888. When it became evident that there was little traffic to be garnered from the road, which Mr. Flagler had rebuilt, it was abandoned in 1895, becoming the first predecessor of the FEC to be abandoned.

Featured Clients